The Role of Brokers & Agents
Licensed brokers and agents are able to help individuals and employers with the application and enrollment process, and receive commissions for the QHP enrollments they perform. To stay informed on all things regarding Nevada Health Link and your role, sign up for our email updates.
Any licensed producer who wishes to sell Exchange plans through Nevada Health Link MUST submit their contact information (name, address, phone number, and hours/days of operation) through our portal, complete required Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) training, and send their certificate of completed training to: CustomerserviceNVHL@exchange.nv.gov in order to be certified by the Silver State Health Insurance Exchange (Exchange). Please note that ALL requirements listed are performed on an annual basis.
No Producer may sell Exchange plans through Nevada Health Link without:
- Completion of required CMS training
- Providing documentation of that training and an active Nevada license to the Exchange, and
- Certification by the Exchange that the producer has met all applicable requirements to sell Exchange plans through Nevada Health Link
It is the producer's responsibility to make sure that they are appointed with all of the carriers offering Qualified Health Plans (QHPs) through Nevada Health Link. Payment of commissions will be governed by the agreement between the broker/agent and the carrier. All commissions will be payable by participating carriers and not by Nevada Health Link.
By opting-in with Nevada Health Link and providing your contact information, you will have the opportunity for your information to be included in our In Person Assistance Tool. Consumers will be able to search by zip code, name, or keyword. The Tool will utilize a database of contact information for all licensed brokers who are listed.
Training for Brokers & Agents
Brokers and agents are able to enroll individuals, families, and employers in QHPs offered through Nevada Health Link and will be compensated by the carrier for doing so. Licensed brokers and agents are required to attend training with CMS.
Please visit the stay informed page and sign up for notifications for brokers and agents. All training information will be distributed through that notification system.
Resources for Brokers & Agents
- Shop Resources
- Accessing Training for Federal Facilitated Marketplace (FFM)
- Broker & Agent Updates from Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Preparing Your System for FFM Training
- Broker Personal Identifying Information (PII) Breach Notice
- CAC Application Form
- Broker Code of Conduct
- What You Need to Enroll
- Rate Comparison Tool Tutorial
- Resources for Brokers and Agents in the Health Insurance Marketplaces
- Qualified Health Plans
- Fact Sheets and FAQ’s
- Agent and Broker Roadmap
- Nevada Health Link Enrollment Exceptions
- ACA Calculation Sheet 2016
- CCNHL Enrollment Data Form
- ACA Open Enrollment Period 2016
- SEP’s For Marketplaces
- Logo Download Information
- Download our Brand Standards Guide here. Should you have any questions, please send an email to Janel Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Brokers and agents can also call Exchange Customer Service from CMS at 1-855-267-1515.
Brokers and agents can also call the Silver State Health Insurance Exchange at 775-687-9939 and ask for Evon Meyers.