Here at Nevada Health Link, we like to keep tabs on health awareness observances. Maybe you’ve already noticed, but the month of March is full of such days, so much so that we had to write a blog post about them!
Part of spreading awareness for certain health conditions is understanding how to get the right health insurance coverage to stay prepared. All of Nevada Health Link’s Qualified Health Plans provide options for health insurance that cover the 10 Essential Health Benefits. These benefits include ambulatory services and care, pre-existing conditions, prescription drugs and more. No matter what you or your family may be facing when it comes to health, Nevada Health Link has you covered.
Health Awareness Observances in March
- Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month – help support the rights of people with disabilities, and celebrate their contributions to our society.
- National Brain Injury Awareness Month – living with a brain injury is uniquely difficult, and often misunderstood. We can do more to help.
- National Kidney Month – how much do you know about kidney disease? Let’s make sure we all understand how it happens.
- Multiple Sclerosis Education and Awareness Month – programs, such as equipment products and educational services, are available to assist those affected by Multiple Sclerosis.
- National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month – colorectal cancer is the second most common cause of cancer death in the U.S. Screening options are available.
- National Bleeding Disorders Awareness Month – learn how to get involved and show your support for those with bleeding disorders, such as hemophilia or sickle cell anemia.
- National Endometriosis Awareness Month – endometriosis affects millions worldwide. Learn more about the symptoms, causes and available treatments.
- Save Your Vision Month – what more can you do for your vision? Find out how you can take better care of your eyes.
Our list may seem extensive, but you can find even more observances at healthline.com, for not only the month of March but every time of the year.