Important update from CMS.gov:
“Our primary goal is to provide a seamless open enrollment experience for HealthCare.gov consumers and ensure that those who want coverage offered through the Exchange (Nevada Health Link) can enroll in a plan. As in past years, we have seen an uptick in the volume of consumers using HealthCare.gov and contacting our call center as we get closer to the [Dec. 15] deadline to select a plan for the upcoming year. Yesterday we experienced the highest traffic of this Open Enrollment. With the exception of a brief waiting room on Dec. 10, the website has performed well, consumers have been able to easily access enrollment tools to compare plans and prices, and the HealthCare.gov call center consumer satisfaction rate has remained at 90 percent. We continue to encourage consumers to make plan selections by that deadline so that their coverage can begin on Jan. 1. Consistent with previous years, as we get closer to the deadline, some consumers who are calling the Marketplace Call Center may be asked to leave their contact information and will be allowed to enroll in a plan after the Dec. 15 deadline. This will allow these consumers to come back and complete their enrollment for Jan. 1 coverage.” – Attributable to a CMS spokesperson
- Some consumers who call HealthCare.gov’s call center to enroll will instead be prompted to leave their contact information in the final days heading into the Dec. 15 deadline.
- Consistent with previous years, people asked to leave their contact information with the HealthCare.gov call center will be contacted after Dec. 15 to complete their applications and plan selections.
- All consumers who leave their contact information will be able to enroll in a plan with Jan. 1 coverage.
- Consumers who are not prompted to leave contact information will be able to speak with an agent and enroll.
- Not all consumers will be asked to leave their contact information.
Nevada Health Link’s staff is your number one resource for all things health insurance in Nevada. We’re here to assist you through Open Enrollment from Nov. 1, 2018, through Dec. 15, 2018. If you have any questions, please contact us at 855-7NVLINK (855-768-5465) or use our in-person assistance search tool to find help near you.