Bigger Savings for Even More Nevadans are Available NOW!
Thanks to the recently passed American Rescue Plan, Nevada Health Link is offering more money to help pay for your coverage. Most people who currently have a plan through Nevada Health Link will see a much lower monthly premium cost, and people who may have earned too much to get financial help in the past are now eligible for the first time.
How to Claim American Rescue Act Savings – Instructions for Existing Users (Enrolled or Not Enrolled)
The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (American Rescue Plan), passed by Congress and signed by President Biden on March 11, 2021, increases the opportunity for unprecedented numbers of Nevadans to receive subsidies, including Nevadans making over 400% of the federal poverty level.
It simultaneously reduces premiums for Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliant health insurance plans sold through Nevada Health Link. Nevadans who have received unemployment insurance may also be able to take advantage of $0 premium plans sold on the Exchange.
Benefits of the American Rescue Plan as it relates to tax credits and subsidies:
- Access to subsidies for an unprecedented number of Nevadans who previously were not eligible. This includes Nevadans making over 400% of the federal poverty level.
- Reduced monthly premiums for Nevadans. This will hopefully enable Nevadans to allocate their hard-earned money to meet their families’ other essential needs such as food and clothing, to name a few.
- Nevadans who have received unemployment insurance may also be able to take advantage of $0 premium plans.
- Starting April 20, 2021 Nevada Health Link for full implemented the American Rescue Plan subsidies and Unemployment Insurance rules.
- Nevada Health Link consumers will be able to change plans an beginning April 20th.
- This timeline and implementation requires an enormous amount of testing and may require additional time, however the Exchange is confident in this target date of implementation.
- Rule changes will only apply prospectively.
- Nevada Health Link will extend the duration of the current Special Enrollment Period/Open Enrollment Period through August 15, 2021 to match the federal (HealthCare.gov) extension.
- In June 2021, Nevada Health Link will begin to automatically assess the financial eligibility for existing enrollees who requested subsidy assistance on their applications previously and were not eligible.
Nevada Health Link is drafting guidance for consumers to provide information on how to work with the IRS for those who filed their taxes prior to the passage of the ARPA:
- The American Rescue Plan Fact Sheet
- American Rescue Plan Act Fact Sheet (Spanish)
- The American Rescue Plan Talking Points
- APRA Social Media Toolkit
- Consumer Guide (PDF) – Instructions for Existing Users (Enrolled or Not Enrolled)
- Consumer Guide – Instructions for Existing Users (Enrolled or Not Enrolled)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Helpful IRS Resources Q&A on the ARPA Premium Tax Credit: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p4849.pdf; https://www.irs.gov/affordable-care-act/individuals-and-families/questions-and-answers-on-the-premium-tax-credit
- Press Release: Nevada Health Link Announces Health Insurance Savings Through the American Rescue Plan Act
Health Insurance Marketplace Calculator
The recently passed American Rescue Plan includes updates that result in significant additional savings for Nevadans shopping for marketplace health coverage and those already enrolled through Nevada Health Link. Check out the savings calculator below to find out how much you could qualify to save! Have questions? We’re here to help!