How to File an Appeal
If you are unhappy with the complaint resolution or think the eligibility decision about your health insurance coverage is wrong, you have the right to file an appeal with Nevada Health Link within 90 days of the date of eligibility determination on eligibility correspondence you receive from Nevada Health Link.
Please note: the 90-day timeline begins on the date of your eligibility determination notice, NOT the date on a complaint response.
You have a right to appeal if you think Nevada Health Link (NVHL) made a mistake about:
- If you believe you have been incorrectly determined ineligible for Advanced Premium Tax Credits (APTC) and/or Cost Share Reductions (CSR)
- You were found eligible for APTC/CSR, but believe the amount is incorrect
- You were found ineligible for a Special Enrollment Period (SEP)
- You were found ineligible to buy a Marketplace plan
- Failure by the Exchange to provide timely notice of an eligibility determination
Examples of Invalid Appeals
- Request for an effective change of date for your coverage, here.
- Tax liabilities: Please visit www.irs.gov or their reconciliation related page, here.
- Appealing a Medicaid determination by the Nevada Department of Welfare and Supportive Services (DWSS). Please contact DWSS, here.
- A dispute related to carrier billing: Please contact your carrier. Carrier contact information can be found here.
- For general enrollment assistance, please visit here.
You have ninety (90) days from the date on your Eligibility Notice to file an appeal. The date of the postmark on your appeal envelope or the date your email is received is considered the date you filed your appeal.
Your Eligibility Notice explains whether you qualify for financial assistance to purchase insurance on Nevada Health Link. Depending on your eligibility results, you may appeal.
To mail in your appeal request please print and fill out the Nevada Health Link Appeal form (Keep a copy of your reference).
- Mail to:
Nevada Health Link
2310 S. Carson Street, Suite 2
Carson City, NV 89701
- To file an appeal over the phone call:
Nevada Health Link Call Center
Or fill out the online form below.
Do you need assistance completing this appeals request?
You can choose an authorized representative.
You can give a trusted person permission to communicate about this appeal with us, see your information, and act for you on matters related to this appeal, including getting information about your appeal and signing your appeal on your behalf. This person is called an “authorized representative.” If you do not already have an authorized representative, you can print the form below and submit with your supporting documentation.
Requesting an Expedited Appeal
In the event that a standard appeal could jeopardize an applicant’s life, health, or ability to attain, maintain, or regain maximum function you may request an expedited appeal. While completing the form below in the explain the reason for your appeal section please explicitly request an expedited appeal with a brief explanation as to how you meet the criteria for one.
If you believe you have been incorrectly determined ineligible for Advanced Premium Tax Credits (APTC) and/or Cost Share Reductions (CSR)If you believe you have been incorrectly determined ineligible for Advanced Premium Tax Credits (APTC) and/or Cost Share Reductions (CSR)
Please note: You may file a complaint with Nevada Health Link (NVHL) if you are dissatisfied with any aspect of your experience working with NVHL concerning eligibility, enrollment, carrier service, enrollment assisters, agents/brokers or the call center. Learn more here: https://www.nevadahealthlink.com/complaint/
Notice of Privacy Practices
Nevada Health Link is committed to maintaining the privacy and security of personally identifiable information. Nevada Health Link will use personally identifiable information only as permitted by Nevada Health Link’s policies and as required by law.
If you need help understanding this form in another language, or if you are disabled and need help to use this form, please contact Nevada Health Link. There is no cost for assistance.
Note: Healthcare.gov will be processing requests for exemptions. For more information please visit https://www.healthcare.gov/health-coverage-exemptions/