Already have a plan? Important information about Re-enrollment
If you already have a plan through Nevada Health Link, previously HealthCare.gov, re-enrollment automatically continues you on that plan. Please note that plans have changed for 2020. Therefore, we encourage Nevada consumers to shop Nevada Health Link to find a plan that is tailored to suit your needs. You can do so by visiting our enrollment platform.
- You will be automatically re-enrolled into a health insurance plan for 2020 if you were previously on a plan in 2019 with HealthCare.gov and opted-in to auto-renewal.
- To be sure any financial help continues starting January 1, 2020, you must continue your payments per the insurance carrier’s payment policy.
When should you re-enroll?
If you were already enrolled in auto-renewal on HealthCare.gov you will automatically be re-enrolled to your current plan unless you would like to change carriers and/or plans.
- Enroll by December 15, 2019 to ensure any financial help continues starting January 1, 2020
NOTE: Once you enroll in a plan, you must pay your first premium directly to the insurance company – not to Nevada Health Link. Insurance companies handle payments directly. Follow the instructions from your insurer about how and when to make your premium payment and the due date.
How can you get help?
Here are the ways you can get personal assistance:
- Licensed Insurance Professionals – Agents/Brokers are available to help you enroll, answer your questions, or shop a new plan. You can use our local assistance look up tool to find an enrollment professional in your area.
- Certified Navigator Organizations and Assisters – Navigator Organizations and Assisters are available to help you re-enroll. You can use our local assistance look up tool to find a Navigator Organization or Assister in your area.