Already have a plan? Important information about Re-enrollment
Re-enrollment is easy and remains the same this plan year. If you already have a plan under Nevada Health Link, re-enrollment automatically continues you on that plan. BUT please note that plans have changed for 2019. Therefore, we encourage Nevada consumers to shop the marketplace to find a plan that is tailored to suit your needs. You can do so by visiting Healthcare.gov or by visiting our Unsubsidized Rate Page.
- You will be automatically re-enrolled into a health insurance plan for 2019 if you were previously on a plan in 2018 with the Nevada Health Link.
- To be sure any financial help continues starting January 1, 2019, you must continue your payment by the insurance carrier’s payment policy.
When should you re-enroll?
You will automatically be re-enrolled on your current plan unless you would like to change carriers and/or plans.
- Enroll by December 15, 2018 to ensure any financial help continues starting January 1, 2019.
- Open enrollment timeline has changed! It begins Nov. 1, 2018 and is open through Dec. 15, 2018.
NOTE: Once you enroll in a plan, you must pay your first premium directly to the insurance company – not to the Health Insurance Marketplace. Insurance companies handle payments differently. Follow the instructions from your insurer about how and when to make your premium payment and the due date.
Remember: Based on your income, you could receive help from the federal government to pay for some of your insurance costs in 2018. Plus, more plan options are available for 2018, and you can review them when you re-enroll here.
How can you get help?
Here are the ways you can get personal assistance:
- Licensed Insurance Professionals – Brokers are available to help you enroll, answer your questions, or shop a new plan. You can use our in person assistance search tool to find a broker in your area. Or, if you received help before from a certified insurance broker, please contact him or her again directly.
- Your Current Carrier – If you want to stay with your current insurance company, you can contact them to see if they can directly enroll you through Nevada Health Link.
- Certified Navigator Organizations and Assisters – Navigator Organizations and Assisters are available to help you re-enroll. You can use our in person assistance search tool to find a Navigator Organization or Assister in your area. Or, if you received help before from a certified Navigator Organization or Assister, please contact him or her again.