*Assurant and the Nevada Health Co-Op are no longer selling health insurance plans on the Exchange (see below).
Re-enrollment will be easier for 2016/2017. If you already have a plan under Nevada Health Link, re-enrollment automatically continues you on that plan. BUT please note that carriers and plans have changed for 2017. If your 2016 plan is no longer available you will automatically be re-enrolled in a comparable plan. Therefore, we encourage Nevada consumers to shop the marketplace to find a plan that is tailored to suit your needs. You can do so by visiting Healthcare.gov or by visiting our Approved 2017 Unsubsidized Rate Page.
- You will be automatically re-enrolled into a health insurance plan for 2017 if you were previously on a plan in 2016 with the Nevada Health Link.
- To be sure any financial help continues starting January 1, 2017, you must continue your payment by the insurance carrier’s payment policy.
*Assurant (previously Time) and Nevada Health Co-Op Consumers
CO-OP members must contact the Federally-Facilitated Marketplace (FFM) by calling 1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325) to take advantage of their special enrollment period. CLICK HERE for more information.
Assurant (previously Time) and Nevada Health Co-Op are no longer selling health insurance plans on the Exchange. If you were a member with Assurant or Nevada Health Co-Op you MUST re-enroll in a NEW plan or you will lose any financial help you are currently receiving and may have a lapse in coverage. Nevada consumers will need to shop the marketplace to find a new plan with a new carrier in order to receive a subsidy for plan year 2017. You can do so by visiting Healthcare.gov or by visiting our Approved 2017 Unsubsidized Rate Page.
Remember: Based on your income, you could receive help from the federal government to pay for some of your insurance costs in 2017. Plus, more plan options are available for 2017, and you can review them when you re-enroll here.
When should you re-enroll?
You will automatically be re-enrolled on your current plan unless you would like to change carriers and/or plans.
- Enroll by December 15, 2016 to ensure any financial help continues starting January 1, 2017.
- Open enrollment is open through January 31, 2017.
NOTE: Once you enroll in a plan, you must pay your first premium directly to the insurance company – not to the Health Insurance Marketplace. Insurance companies handle payments differently. Follow the instructions from your insurer about how and when to make your premium payment and the due date.
How can you get help?
Here are the ways you can get personal assistance:
- Licensed Insurance Professionals – Brokers are available to help you enroll, answer your questions, or shop a new plan. You can use our in person assistance search tool to find a broker in your area. Or, if you received help before from a certified insurance broker, please contact him or her again.
- Your Current Carrier – If you want to stay with your current insurance company, you can contact them to see if they can directly enroll you through Nevada Health Link.
- Certified Navigator Organizations and Assisters – Navigator Organizations and Assisters are available to help you re-enroll. You can use our in person assistance search tool to find a Navigator Organization or Assister in your area. Or, if you received help before from a certified Navigator Organization or Assister, please contact him or her again.