There have never been so many affordable health insurance options for Nevadans to choose from, all covering the 10 essential health benefits. Nevada Health Link added 37 new health insurance plans, for a total of 163 Qualified Health Plans available across seven private insurance carriers (varied by county). Combined with federal subsidies and an easy-to-use, one-stop marketplace through Nevada Health Link, these Nevada health insurance providers are making a powerful union for insurance-seeking Nevadans.
Here is a look at just a few of the great health insurance carriers you can browse plans from through Nevada Health Link:
Aetna CVS Health
This carrier is all about accessibility when it comes to individual and family health plans. Associated with CVS, members have beyond access to Aetna’s network of healthcare providers, as plans also include affordable care options through telehealth, and participating walk-in clinics, such as MinuteClinic®, and HealthHUB™ locations. In fact, its affordable and convenient plans include in-network $0 access to 24/7 virtual care and walk-in visits at 1,100 MinuteClinic® locations nationwide.
This offering is available in select Nevada counties, including: Clark, Nye and Washoe. This new offering will include bronze, silver and gold plans in Clark County and silver plans in Nye and Washoe Counties. Hear Staysha’s story to learn how Aetna CVS Health is here for members.
With more than 2 million members, Ambetter is the largest marketplace carrier nationwide. With plans offered by Fortune 50 company Centene, Ambetter offers $0 copay for telehealth virtual urgent care visits including mental and behavioral health on most plans ($0 after deductible for some plans including Health Savings Account plans).
Ambetter continues to offer a wide variety of features for plans including Individual Coverage HRA, primary care copays, and a rewards program where you can earn $500 for tracking healthy habits.
Members also have the option to add vision insurance without a copay for exams or eyewear; frames and contact lenses are covered up to $130. Low premium tier, ranking Bronze, Silver, and Gold, are offered to Clark and Washoe County residents.
When you select one of Hometown Health’s Renown Health Plan offerings you’ll have access to all Renown Health facilities and services:
- Renown Health Primary Care Provider (PCP) located at one of Renown’s 20+ located primary care locations.
- Renown’s 10 urgent care locations, and 13 lab services locations.
- Two hospitals, Renown Regional Medical Center and Renown South Meadows.
Hometown Health’s Renown Health Plan offerings include three bronze, two silver, and one gold plan – including a $0 deductible option in each of the three tiers. You will also enjoy $0 ACA covered preventive screenings with any of the six plan options. And two of the plans, the Silver HSA HMO and the Bronze HSA HMO are eligible for a tax-savings Health Savings Account (HSA).
As a non-profit, SelectHealth serves more than a million members across Nevada, as well as Idaho and Utah.
SelectHealth offers a lot of great perks along with health insurance. There’s the Wellness Rewards Program, where you can get reimbursed for logging your workouts at the gym or achieving 7,000 steps a day. Members also qualify for discounts on services not normally covered by insurance, such as tattoo removal, LASIK surgery, and cosmetic dermatology.
SelectHealth also shares a mission with Intermountain Healthcare of Helping People Live the Healthiest Lives Possible, which allows consumers to access hospital services and doctors in this organization.
On top of these perks, here are the five types of plans SelectHealth offers:
- Diabetes Support Plan offers savings on select diabetic medications, supplies, equipment, labs, and exams. Members also pay a $0 copay for some preferred insulins.
- Virtual First Plan allows members to see a virtual Primary Care Provider (PCP) when needed from the comfort of their own home. In-person PCP and Specialist copays are lower after a virtual visit.
- Medicaid Transition Plan gives those who may be transitioning from Medicaid the opportunity to choose benefits similar to their previous Medicaid coverage, with a focus on a low PCP copay.
- Copay Plan gives members access to plans with no deductible, predictable fixed costs for most services, and low-cost prescription drug coverage.
- Lowest-Cost Silver Plan is based on eligibility for a Cost-Share Reduction (CSR) through the Marketplace, this may be a good option as it offers all the benefits of a CSR at the lowest possible cost.
Currently, SelectHealth is only offered to Clark and Nye county residents.
Explore more Nevada health insurance providers and plans!
It’s important to compare all health plans before you commit to one. Here are two more Nevada health insurance providers to explore through NevadaHealthLink.com before you enroll:
- Health Plan of Nevada, a UnitedHealthcare company, has provided Nevadans with quality health care since 1982. The company prides itself on offering health plans to fit individual lifestyles and that match personal needs.
- Anthem HMO NV is a leading health company that, through its affiliated companies, serves more than 117 million people, including more than 45 million within its family of health plans. One in eight Americans receives coverage for their medical care through Anthem’s affiliated plans.