You have a right to appeal if you think Nevada Health Link (NVHL) made a mistake about:
- Initial or redetermination of eligibility, including the amount of advance payments of the premium tax credit and level of cost-sharing reductions;
- Failure by the Exchange to provide timely notice of an eligibility determination;
- Denial of a request to vacate dismissal made by the Exchange’s appeals entity, and
- An appeal decision issued by the Exchange’s appeals entity
You have ninety (90) days from the date on your Eligibility Notice to file an appeal. The date of the postmark on your appeal envelope or the date your email is received is considered the date you filed your appeal.
Your Eligibility Notice explains whether you qualify for financial assistance to purchase insurance on Nevada Health Link. Depending on your eligibility results, you may appeal.
- To mail in your appeal request please print and fill out the Nevada Health Link Appeal Form (Keep a copy of your reference).
- Mail to:
Nevada Health Link
2310 S. Carson Street, Suite 2
Carson City, NV 89701
- To file an appeal over the phone call:
Nevada Health Link Call Center
- Mail to:
Or fill out the online form below.
Do you need assistance completing this appeals request?
You can choose an authorized representative.
You can give a trusted person permission to communicate about this appeal with us, see your information, and act for you on matters related to this appeal, including getting information about your appeal and signing your appeal on your behalf. This person is called an “authorized representative.” If you do not already have an authorized representative, you can find the form and submit with your supporting documentation below.
- Consent to Serve as an Authorized Representative Form English (PDF)
- Consent to Serve as an Authorized Representative Form Spanish (PDF)
Requesting an Expedited Appeal
In the event that a standard appeal could jeopardize an applicant’s life, health, or ability to attain, maintain, or regain maximum function you may request an expedited appeal. While completing the form below in the explain the reason for your appeal section please explicitly request an expedited appeal with a brief explanation as to how you meet the criteria for one.
Notice of Privacy Practices
Nevada Health Link is committed to maintaining the privacy and security of personally identifiable information. Nevada Health Link will use personally identifiable information only as permitted by Nevada Health Link’s policies and as required by law.
If you need help understanding this form in another language, or if you are disabled and need help to use this form, please contact Nevada Health Link. There is no cost for assistance.
Note: Healthcare.gov will be processing requests for exemptions. For more information please visit https://www.healthcare.gov/health-coverage-exemptions/