Currently on Medicaid?
For the first time since the COVID-19 pandemic began, Nevada will resume its normal processes to redetermine eligibility for Medicaid enrollees. Some Medicaid recipients could lose their Medicaid benefits.. Learn More.
To stay up to date on potential changes to your Medicaid coverage, please make sure your contact information with Medicaid is up to date.
Look for your Medicaid redetermination packet
Medicaid redetermination packets are being sent now. Look for a letter from Medicaid in the mail and return that letter as quickly as possible. Medicaid will process your response and you will receive a notification from Medicaid on whether you still qualify for Medicaid or need to find alternative insurance options.
If you or anyone you know is losing Medicaid coverage, Nevada Health Link can help.
Here’s what you can do now:
- Make sure your contact information is up to date.
- Contact the NV State Medicaid office for more information on your eligibility redetermination.
- Call 1-800-992-0900
- Visit Access Nevada
- Visit your local Medicaid Office https://dhcfp.nv.gov/Contact/Contact_Home/
- Look out for mail from the Department of Welfare and Supportive Services. If you receive a renewal form, fill it out and return it.
Below is a picture of the return address listed on your envelope:
No longer qualify for Medicaid?
- Check with your employer to see if they offer health insurance benefits.
- If you no longer qualify for Medicaid because you’re over income and don’t have health insurance through your employer, you may qualify for affordable coverage through Nevada Health Link. Nevada Health Link is the only health insurance resource that can provide you with federal tax credits and subsidies (financial assistance) to help cover the costs of insurance.
- Nevada Health Link is available to help you navigate the application and insurance process with free help from certified navigators and brokers in multiple languages. You can also quickly and easily check your estimated monthly premium at NevadaHealthLink.com to see how affordable your coverage would be. For more information about Nevada Health Link, call 1-800-547-2927 or browse plans today. The Nevada Health Link call center is open Monday through Friday, from 9am to 5pm.
What is Nevada Health Link?
NevadaHealthLink.com is Nevada’s health insurance marketplace created by the state agency, the Silver State Health Insurance Exchange, and the only place where Nevadans can receive financial help on monthly premiums. Nevada Health Link offers several comprehensive plans that are required to cover the ten Essential Health Benefits which include emergency care, prenatal care, preventative care, and more.