Welcome to the new Nevada Health Link, Nevada’s online health insurance exchange Nevadans can shop and apply for comprehensive, Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliant, health and dental plans in one convenient location.
For Plan Year 2020, Nevada Health Link will no longer use the federal technology platform known as HealthCare.gov to enroll Nevada consumers in coverage. Existing and new consumers will shop for and enroll for health insurance coverage on Nevada Health Link.
If you are already enrolled in a plan (through HealthCare.gov), your existing user account has been migrated to the state-based exchange platform. You should have received an email with a unique access code to claim your user account.
We encourage you to claim your account, sign up for auto-renewal, and designate a licensed enrollment professional to assist you with the enrollment process.
What do we need from you? (Existing enrollees)
If you were previously enrolled in a plan on HealthCare.gov for plan year 2019, you are considered an existing enrollee. In order to prepare for the upcoming plan year 2020 health insurance open enrollment window, we need you to claim your new user account by following these steps:
- Visit https://enroll.nevadahealthlink.com
- Enter your unique access code – you should have received this access code via email from email@example.com. Please call 1-800-547-2927 for technical assistance if you cannot locate this email
- Answer the security questions to confirm your identity
- Set up your unique username and password for your account
You may also do the following when you claim your new user account:
- Designate a certified agent/broker, navigator or certified enrollment counselor to provide you with free enrollment assistance for plan year 2020. Use the Find Free Local Assistance link in the portal.
- Consent to Auto-Renewal to be automatically re-enrolled in coverage for plan year 2020 and ongoing. This will greatly simplify your health insurance renewal process.
Here are some other things to be aware of:
- Your 2019 health and/or dental plan will continue to be managed through HealthCare.gov through the end of 2019. For questions or changes to 2019 or prior plan years, you will need to contact HealthCare.gov at 1-800-318-2596.
- Beginning October 3rd, 2019 you can visit NevadaHealthLink.com and “window shop” health and dental insurance plan options for 2020 by comparing plans and prices so you’ll be ready when enrollment begins on November 1st.
- Open enrollment runs November 1st – December 15th. You must be enrolled by December 15th for coverage beginning January 1st, 2020.
For New Enrollees (for example, you are currently not insured or did not have a plan through HealthCare.gov last plan year and are now seeking coverage options):
- We are happy that you have made the decision to get covered! Stay tuned and updated through our website…
- Window shopping will be available for ALL consumers starting October 3rd
- You can enroll in a qualified health plan through Nevada Health Link on November 1st – December 15th for coverage to begin on January 1st.
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact information: Customer Assistance Service line: 1-800-547-2927 (TTY 711) Email: CustomerServiceNVHL@exchange.nv.gov