Your Role: Spread the Word
Although some of our partners are able to enroll people and others aren’t, everyone can help by letting people know that a new and easier way to buy health insurance, within their budgets, is here. Talk with your clientele and people you serve about Nevada Health Link and let them know it makes health insurance available to all Nevadans.
As you’re talking to people about Nevada Health Link, refer them to this website if they need more information or ask you a question you can’t answer. You can also use this website to familiarize yourself with Nevada Health Link and how the new application and enrollment process works. Then, you can begin to shop and compare plans on the online marketplace itself through the new NevadaHealthLink.com.
To stay informed on all things regarding Nevada Health Link and your role, sign up for our email updates below.
- Navigator Program and Certified Application Counselor Plan
- Appointing Certified Application Counselors with Nevada Health link
- CAC Application Form
- Exchange Operator Agreement
Who should partners reach out to?
All Nevadans can enroll through Nevada Health Link, but for our community partners, our primary focus is on people in Nevada who are uninsured and under-insured. This can be anyone, from families to individuals.
We want to let people know that if they don’t currently have insurance because of a pre-existing condition or they can’t afford it, they’ll be able to find an income-based health insurance plan right here, through the new NevadaHealthLink.com.
Collateral & Tools for Partners
There are many good tools and informational pieces in existence, from the federal government and consumer reports, for example, that can be used for educational purposes. We ask, however, that Nevada Health Link approve all materials about the online marketplace in Nevada prior to utilization. We also have created Nevada Health Link-specific tools for you to use and we will continue to post some of them here for download.
- Nevada Health Link Brand Standards
- Nevada Health Link Partner Logo Use Standards
- Consent to Serve as an Authorized Representative Form English (PDF)
- Consent to Serve as an Authorized Representative Form English (WORD)
- Consent to Serve as an Authorized Representative Form Spanish (PDF)
- Consent to Serve as an Authorized Representative Form Spanish (WORD)
- Instructions on how to use the Consent Form English (PDF)
- Instructions on how to use the Consent Form Spanish (PDF)
- Conflicts of Interest Standards for Navigators (PDF)
- EEF and Non-Profit Partners Personal Identifying Information (PII) Breach Notice
The Nevada Health Link organization understands that many partners would like to use our logo on their outreach, education, promotional and plan materials – use is welcomed and appreciated as it enhances our mission to educate Nevadans about Nevada Health Link and convey the quality of the products being offered. However, we require all partnering organizations that would like to use the logo adhere to the co-branding and acceptable use policy outlined in the Nevada Health Link Brand Standards.
Copy the following code to add the Nevada Health Link logo to your website or materials. Please review the provided Brand Standards Guide to ensure you and your organization are utilizing the logo according to our standards and are sending your materials, which use the Nevada Health Link logo, to us for review and approval.
<a href=”http://nevadahealthlink.com”><img src=”https://www.nevadahealthlink.com/assets/uploads/2014/11/nevada-health-link-logo-en.png” /></a>
<a href=”http://enlacedeseguromediconevada.com/”><img src=”https://www.nevadahealthlink.com/assets/uploads/2014/11/nevada-health-link-logo-es.png” /></a>
If you require additional information on how to use the Nevada Health Link logo, please refer to our Nevada Health Link Brand Standards above.
If there is something you like that we have not directly provided you, please contact us at 775-687-9939 or Contact@exchange.nv.gov.
What if people don’t have Internet access or can’t enroll on their own?
If someone doesn’t have Internet access or wants some help shopping for insurance, the Nevada Health Link team will be available to help. People will be able to call the appropriate toll-free numbers below to ask questions, or visit an in-person helper in their community.
For Access Nevada (Medicaid/Nevada Check Up)
- Medicaid – Division of Welfare and Supportive Services
- Nevada Check Up – 775-684-3660
Navigator organizations staffed by certified enrollment assisters:
- State of Nevada Office for Consumer Health Assistance – 702-486-3587
- Dignity Health, St. Rose Dominican – 702-616-4904
- State of Nevada Office for Consumer Health Assistance: Elko – 775-753-5709
In-Person Assister organizations staffed by certified enrollment assisters:
- Consumer Assistance and Resource Enterprise (CARE) – 702-836-9033
- Asian Community Resource Center (ACRC) – 702-984-0015
- Community Health Alliance (CHA) – 775-329-6300
- Hope Christian Health Center – 702-644-4673
- Nevada Health Centers – 800-787-2568
- Asian Community Development Council (ACDC) – 702-489-8866
- NV Outreach Training Organization/No to Abuse or Pahrump Family Resource Center – 775-751-1118
- People can also use their own licensed health insurance brokers and agents. Use our in-person assistance tool to find a licensed enrollment professional near you.