Congratulations on completing the enrollment process! You’ve reached the final steps in protecting you and your family’s health – and it will be so easy to stay on top of it all when you manage your account.
Have you paid your premium? Do you know when you can start using your insurance? Are you not feeling 100 percent about the plan you picked?
Take a look at this checklist and see what you need to do before establishing a primary care physician into your schedule, all within your profile.
- Write down the date when your insurance coverage begins. You cannot use your insurance before the start date. For example, the open enrollment deadline is January 15 in order to activate insurance on February 1.
- Make your first payment. You must pay your first month’s premium in order for your coverage to take effect. This payment goes to your insurance company, not to Nevada Health Link.
- Manage your plans. You can still select certain options after enrollment; manage your plans at any time through your profile. Keep in mind, there could be changes in payments and insurance start dates. If you need to manage your Medicaid plan, you can call 1-877-543-7669.
Satisfied with your choice? Go to the next checkbox.
- Find a healthcare provider. You can start by browsing primary care physicians within your selected plan’s network. Establishing a primary care physician is a great first step in using your health insurance coverage to its full potential.
- Make sure to keep paying your monthly premiums on time. If you don’t, the insurance company could end your coverage.
We’re always standing by to help you; our certified agents and brokers offer free assistance with enrollment questions, and we can help you get a hold of other resources, like the Nevada Division of Insurance. Visit Nevada Health Link to learn more.
I tend to prefer straying away from telling consumers Don’t! do something…can we just say Have you paid your premium?
Sounds much better — let’s do it!