Last Call for Deep Discounts on Health Insurance Through Nevada Health Link
Nevada Health Link enrollment period closes on August 15
The clock is ticking to enroll and find extreme savings on health insurance plans offered through Nevada Health Link. The good news? There is still time to lock in a great premium before the enrollment period ends on August 15.
The American Rescue Plan lowered health insurance premiums for a large percentage of Nevadans and both uninsured and Nevadans insured through Nevada Health Link are eligible to receive significant subsidies, lowering their monthly premiums.
Nevadans can visit Nevada Health Link now through August 15th and compare over 50 quality health insurance plans. Financial assistance offered through the American Rescue Plan reduces premiums to record low prices.
Savings By County
Nevada Health Link recently calculated the average savings Nevada residents can receive in the counties across the state. The savings are striking. Highlights of the monthly and yearly savings by county include:
- Eureka County residents average the highest savings, with $321.92 saved per month under the American Rescue Plan. That equals yearly savings of $3,863.04.
- Lander County was not far behind, with an average savings of $213.73 per month, or yearly savings of $2,564.76.
- Several Nevada counties, including Churchill, Humboldt, Storey and Lincoln counties, averaged over $100 per month in savings, or over $1,200 per year.
- Several other Nevada counties registered average savings per month of nearly $100 per month, including Nye and White Pine counties.
- Nevada’s most populous counties, Washoe and Clark County also averaged significant savings, with monthly premiums in Washoe County reduced by an average of more than $55 per month ($671 per year) and Clark County averaging savings of more than $65 per month ($790 per year).
Each Nevada resident can calculate their personalized savings at NevadaHealthLink.com, determining how much health insurance is going to cost. Even people who live outside of the counties with the highest average savings can still expect to see high savings on health insurance, depending on their individual circumstances.
Monthly premiums are based on yearly estimated household income and no Nevadan will pay more than 8.5% of their income in premiums through the American Rescue Plan on Nevada Health Link. Additionally, thousands of Nevadans who are currently enrolled in health insurance through Nevada Health Link will now qualify for subsidies (financial assistance) to dramatically lower their costs, including those making more than 400% of the federal poverty level. Nevadans who were recently unemployed (in 2021) are eligible to claim health coverage for $0 per month.
Nevadans have until 11:59 p.m. on August 15 to submit or edit an application.
The process to enroll is simple and straightforward. Simply follow the instructions below to see how much they can save.
- Visit nevadahealthlink.com/hix/ and login to your account.
- Click “Edit Application” and update information where needed, complete attestations, and provide your signature at the end.
- Your updated subsidy eligibility will be automatically applied to your current enrollment if you are already enrolled. You may view the update to your existing enrollment on the “My Enrollments” screen. If you are not enrolled you will need to select the “Confirm Life Event and Shop” button.
- Select the American Rescue Plan qualifying life event from the drop-down menu.
- Shop for plans.
- Enroll in coverage and complete your application!
Nevada Health Link offers free enrollment assistance. Visit enroll.nevadahealthlink.com/hix or call 1-800-547-2927 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. PST Mon – Sat for one-on-one guidance, or connect with a Certified Enrollment Counselor or Agent/Broker.
- To find a Certified Enrollment Counselor, visit nevadahealthlink.com/get-help/navigator-organizations/
- To find a Broker Partner, visit nevadahealthlink.com/find-assistance/